A House, An Office, A Home for Ministry
When you create wish lists, you rarely receive everything on them. Our wish list for a house in Kenya went like this:
- 3 or 4 bedrooms to accommodate our family plus out of town guests.
- A big yard where the kids could play, where we could have a garden, and where we could potentially raise chickens and goats.
- A separate office area where church business could be handled outside of the home living environment.
- A strategic location close to the people we will be trying to reach.
- Large gathering spaces where the work of the church to impact individuals and groups could begin to take place.
At the end of March, I will be traveling to Nakuru to sign a lease on a house that checks every one of those boxes – the entire wish list – plus a few more that seemed too audacious to even ask for. Things like a central hot water heater (rare in Kenya), multiple bathtubs (showers are far more common), and an entirely separate guest house that can serve as an office and a homeschool room for the girls.
There is even more to this story than I can share here, but the bottom line is that God answered our prayers. For those praying with us, this is just one example of the effectiveness of prayer that we see unfolding every day.
To give you some sense of where we will be living, here are a few pictures of this incredible house.
Thank you all for your faithfulness in prayer and support. We are excited about our new house, office, school, and ministry center all rolled into one!